Album - God Is Above All. Male Choir of St Elisabeth Convent (downloadable-version)
This version of the album is available for download.
This first album of the Male Choir introduces us to a truly amazing world of ancient church singing, with chants as its core. Znamenny, Valaam, Kievan, Byzantine chants, which are ascetic and archaic, are performed by contemporary Christian young men. In this way, the hymns bring together the ages, and a pure ancient prayer reaches our troubled world.
01. Bless The Lord, O My Soul. Valaam chant
02. Blessed Is the Man. Kievan chant
03. O Gladsome Light. Valaam chant
04. Polieley. Byzantine chant
05. With the Angel's Song. Znamenny two-part chant. 17th-century manuscript
06. My Soul Doth Magnify Thee. Valaam chant
07. Come Let Us Worship. Byzantine chant
08. Troparion to the Reigning Icon of the Mother of God, tone 4. Valaam chant
09. Trisagion. Znamenny chant, tone 6
10. Before Thy Cross. Znamenny chant
11. Cherubic Hymn. Linear polyphony
12. Cherubic Hymn. Byzantine chant
13. Mercy of Peace. Deacon Sergius Trubachev
14. It Is Truly Meet. Valaam chant (refectory)
15. All Creation Rejoices in Thee. Greek chant
16. We Have Seen the True Light. Valaam chant
17. When I Was Young. Old Russian canticle
18. Numbers. 17th-century Old Rite spiritual hymn
Precentor: Eugene Prokofiev
Sound Director: Konstantin Karmanov
This product is downloadable.
Please follow the detailed instructions on purchasing a downloadable product.
On your request we can provide you with the CD's in lossless FLAC audio format.
Write Your Own Review