IMP-04-04-9 Icon of St Nicholas the Wonderworker
Select from both options (paints and size) to see the price of the icon.
Commemorated on December 19, May 22 (translation of his holy relics to Bari, Italy), and August 11 (the saint's birthday).
This is a waist-long icon of St Nicholas. He blesses his flock with his right hand, and holds the Gospel in his left hand, covered with omophorion as a sign of reverence.
This icon is painted using the following materials:
- Acrylic or tempera paints
- Lime, alder, or pine board
- Colored wax
- Gold leaf
- Linseed oil
- Hide glue
- Varnishes (mordant, kauri gum, acryl-styrolic)
This icon of St Nicholas the Wonderworker is available in several sizes:
- 16.5×21.5 cm
- 19×25 cm
- 23.5×31 cm
- 27×35 cm
- 30×41 cm
- 40×52 cm
This icon has a hand-carved rectangular central panel. Various shades of gold are used to decorate some parts of the icon. The halo is decorated with chiseling on gesso. This icon can be additionally adorned with wrought silver, a metal or textile oklad, precious and semiprecious gemstones. We recommend placing this icon in an opening or a non-opening icon case.
Price & Deadlines
The cost of this icon and the time it will take to make it are negotiable, depending on its size and the complexity of its design. Once it is ready, the icon will be consecrated in St Elisabeth Convent.
- BK-05-01 Icon of Saint Nicholas the WonderworkerAs low as $250.00
- IMP-06-01 Icon of Saint Theophan the RecluseAs low as $290.00
- IOM-05-01 St Nicholas the Wonderworker (Icon in Oklad)As low as $935.00
- IMP-03-01 St John ChrysostomAs low as $290.00