IMP-09-07 Icon of The Mother of God of Zhirovichi
Select from both options (paints and size) to see the price of the icon.
A handpainted Zhirovichi (Žyrovičy) icon of the Mother of God.
Feast day May 20.
- natural wooden board (lime, pine, alder) with oak splines;
- cloth from fabric (linen, canvas),
- tempera paints (ground minerals, precious and semiprecious stones mixed with egg yolk),
- gold leaf of various hues,
- tinted wax,
- linseed oil,
- hide glue,
- varnishes (mordant, kauri gum, acryl-styrolic).
This icon has a handcarved rectangular central panel.
Available in the following sizes:
- 23.5×31 cm,
- 27×35 cm,
- 30×41 cm,
- 40×52 cm.
Decorated with gold-plating of the margins, the background, the halos, and other elements; gold-painting on the vestments, chiseling and engraving on gesso.
The icon may also be decorated with a thin metal sheet with wrought ornaments or an oklad made from tin foil.
The icon may also be placed into an icon case made of oak or birchwood.
Price and time
The final price of the icon of the Mother of God and the time it will take to paint it depend on its size and the complexity of its decoration.
Once this icon is painted, it will be consecrated in St Elisabeth Convent.
- IMP-07-07 Iveron Icon of the Mother of GodAs low as $664.00
- IMP-05-07 Icon of The Mother of God the Joy and ConsolationAs low as $475.00