IMP-05-07 Icon of the Mother of God of the Don
Select from both options (paints and size) to see the price of the icon.
Feast day September 1.
- Natural wooden board (lime, pine, alder) with oak splines;
- cloth from low-count fabric (linen, canvas),
- tempera paints (ground minerals, precious and semiprecious stones mixed with egg yolk),
- gold leaf of various hues,
- tinted wax,
- linseed oil,
- hide glue,
- varnishes (mordant, kauri gum, acryl-styrolic).
This icon has a handcarved rectangular central panel.
Available in the following sizes:
- 16.5×21.5 cm
- 19×25 cm
- 23.5×31 cm
- 27×35 cm
- 30×41 cm
- 40×52 cm
Decorated with gold-plating of the margins, the background, and the halos; gold-painting on the vestments.
The icon may also be decorated with a thin metal sheet with wrought ornaments or an oklad made from tin foil.
The icon may also be placed into an icon case made of oak or birchwood.
The price and the time it will take to paint such an icon are negotiated in advance and depend on its size, complexity, decorations, and gold content.
This icon is consecrated in St Elisabeth Convent to be a blessing to all people who love Christ and to help all who turn to the Mother of God with love and faith.