IMP-08-01/5 Christ the Pantocrator (Mt. Sinai)
A handpainted icon of Christ Pantocrator (Mt. Sinai).
- Natural wooden board (lime, pine, alder) with oak splines
- Сloth from low-count fabric (linen, canvas)
- Acrylic or tempera paints (ground minerals, precious and semiprecious stones mixed with egg yolk)
- Gold leaf of various hues
- Tinted wax
- Linseed oil
- Hide glue
- Varnishes (mordant, kauri gum, acryl-styrolic)
This icon is available in several sizes:
- 16.5×21.5 cm
- 19×25 cm
- 23.5×31 cm
- 27×35 cm
- 30×41 cm
- 40×52 cm
This icon has a hand-carved rectangular central panel. Various shades of gold are used to decorate some parts of the icon. The halo is decorated with chiseling on gesso. This icon can be additionally adorned with wrought silver, a metal or textile oklad, precious and semiprecious gemstones. We recommend placing this icon in an opening or a non-opening icon case.
Price & Deadlines
The cost of this icon and the time it will take to make it are negotiable, depending on its size and the complexity of its design.
Once it is ready, the icon will be consecrated in St Elisabeth Convent.