IMP-05-07 Assuage My Sorrows Icon of the Mother of God
Select from both options (paints and size) to see the price of the icon.
This icon became known in the 2nd half of the 18th century. Having been forgotten for some time, it became famous when a seriously ill woman received full healing after praying in front of this icon in 1760. There are several other accounts of divine help through this icon.
- Natural wooden board (lime, pine, alder) with oak splines
- cloth from low-count fabric (linen, canvas)
- acrylic / tempera paints
- gold leaf of various hues
- tinted wax
- linseed oil
- hide glue
- varnishes (mordant, kauri gum, acryl-styrolic).
This icon is available in several sizes:
- 14.5×19.5 cm
- 16.5×21.5 cm
- 19×25 cm
- 23.5×31 cm
- 27×35 cm
- 30×41 cm
- 40×52 cm
Decorated with gold-plating of the margins, the background, and the halos; gold-painting on the vestments; chiseling on gesso.
Price & Deadlines
The price and the time it will take to paint such an icon are negotiated in advance and depend on its size, complexity, decorations, and gold content.
This icon is consecrated in St Elisabeth Convent.
- 124-BM Mother of God Assuage My Sorrows
Starting at $3.00
- IMP-09-07-8 Assuage My Sorrows icon of the Mother of GodAs low as $290.00
- IMP-05-07 Assuage My Sorrows Icon of the Mother of GodAs low as $400.00